CQI & IRCA CERTIFIED PRACTITIONER COURSE
CQI ADDITIONAL Information
Managing Problem Solving
Practitioner Level - PT 205
Course duration: 24 hours
Assessment: One hour multiple choice examination
Recommended prior knowledge: FD102 Introduction to Problem Solving
Gain a thorough understanding and the practical skills in managing problem solving.
This course will cover the fundamental tools, techniques and methodologies for problem solving, giving delegates the ability to lead problem-solving teams. The course will cover the application of key approaches to problem solving including Six Sigma, lean and kepner-tregoe.
This course includes a 1 hour examination and on successful completion, delegates will be awarded a certificate of achievement in practitioner level - Managing Problem Solving.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for those who are practising in quality and aspire towards middle management.
Indicative course content
- Approaches to problem solving and their use (such as 3C, 8D, A3, Six Sigma [DMAIC], DFSS, Lean, Kaizen, TPM, Appreciative Inquiry and Kepner-Tregoe)
- Structured problem-solving approaches (8 Steps)
- Problem definition and scope (such as Is/is not, description structures and chartering)
- Roles in problem solving and workshop facilitation
- Leading teams working with the following tools:
- Tools to understand current conditions (flowcharts, check sheets, stratification, pareto charts, scatter plots, run charts, histograms, control charts)
- Tools for root cause analysis (cause/effect diagram, 5 Whys)
- Solution generation (idea generation, selection matrices)
- Evaluation of solutions (PDCA)
- Risk analysis (risk matrix, FMEA, mistake proofing)
- Implementation of solutions (standardisation, monitoring, follow-up)
How to Apply
Contact QM&T by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org