8D Problem Solving
8D PROBLEM SOLVING
This two day course helps participants to develop the skills and good practices which are appropriate for solving even simple problems, as well as those problems which are more challenging. This course comprises a comprehensive programme of problem-solving/continuous improvement tools and techniques. The content is delivered through a series of presentations, combined with a variety of participant activities.
- Enables personnel to become more effective at problem solving.
- Helps to establish a formal process for solving and managing problems.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Multi-disciplinary: All personnel who lead, or are involved with, problem-solving and continual improvement activities.
- Understanding the problem
- Containment activities
- Describing the problem
- Team roles and skills
- Root cause analysis
- Corrective action
- Lessons learned
- Tools and techniques for problem solving
- Use of Minitab® software
The key objectives are to enhance the participant's existing skills to enable them to become more effective at problem-solving and continuous improvement within their work process. By the end of the course, a participant will understand:
- A structured process for problem-solving, i.e. 8D
- How various functions within an organisation contribute to problem-solving
- How a variety of useful tools and techniques may help during problem-solving
- Key team working skills
- The importance of corrective action and management of problem-solving activities.
The course is appropriate for those personnel who are responsible for solving problems, and also for personnel who contribute to problem-solving and continual improvement activities.
- Introductions, and Review of Agenda
- Protect the Customer / Start the Problem Solving Process
- Emergency Response Action (ERA)
- Key tools and techniques for quantifying the problem (e.g. tally chart, paynter chart, measles chart, pareto chart, etc.)
- Verification and validation activities
- Selecting a Team
- Describing the Problem
- Problem statement / process mapping / is-is not analysis / histogram / trend chart / QOS chart
- Interim Containment Action
- Root Cause Analysis
- Comparative analysis / brainstorming / fishbone chart / 5 whys / scatter chart / multi-vari chart
- Developing and Implementing Permanent Corrective Actions
- Creative thinking / decision-making / action plan
- Preventing Recurrence of the Problem
- Application to other products / processes
- Procedure and system changes
- Recognising Achievement
- Completing the problem solving activity
- Review & Closing Summary; End of Course
COURSE DATES AND COST
- See Training Courses for price list and order form