FMEA - Failure Mode Effects Analysis Training
FMEA (FMECA) TRAINING COURSE -
FAILURE MODE AND EFFECTS ANALYSIS
FMEA - Failure Mode and Effects Analysis or Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) is a logical technique used to identify and eliminate possible causes of failure. FMEA technique requires a sequential, disciplined approach to assess systems, products or processes in order to establish the modes of failure and the effects of failure on the system, product or process. This is to ensure that all possible failure modes have been fully identified and ranked in order of their importance.
The FMEA discipline requires the engineers to document their evaluation with regard to the failure mode, effect and criticality (FMECA). The analysis work can be applied at any stage; design, manufacture, test, installation or use, but it is best performed at the design stage.
In a simple system, FMEA may be performed on the total system or product but with more complex systems it may be necessary to break the product down into various sub-systems or sub-assemblies.
Increasingly, contracts are requiring Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) to be performed as a condition of placing the order. Also, the use of FMEA minimises the company's likely exposure to very expensive product liability claims.
Course delegates as a consequence of this course will be able to:
- Be aware of the aims, objectives and benefits of FMEA.
- Be aware of the other Risk Analysis techniques such as; Fault Tree Analysis, Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOP), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), PDPC.
- Identifying the most appropriate Risk Analysis tool to employ. Identify the need for completing an FMEA. Capable of interpreting for application purposes the FMEA process.
- Be capable of completing an product and process FMEA.
- Coherently answer questions regarding the FMEA.
- Provides the opportunity to make real major financial saving through QM&T's pre and post course supported assignment scheme.
- Be QM&T validated and certificated as a Risk Analyst and FMEA provider.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Quality Professionals and Senior Management wishing to introduce and complete an FMEA.
- Quality Auditors
- Service and maintenance Engineers
- Process Designers and Reengineers
Items covered include:
- Explanation of the principles of Risk Analysis
- Introduction to other Risk Analysis Techniques; Fault Tree Analysis, Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOP), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and PDPC.
- Explanation of the principles of FMEA
- FMEA's at the design stage
- FMEA's of processes
- Case studies of typical situations and applications
1. Pre-course visit to develop and adapt the course and associated material to exactly suit the client's needs. Can include branding the material with company style and logo.
2. Pre and post course delegate assignment with QM&T support. The delegate’s assignment / project would be fully assisted and supported online and assessed by one of our qualified and experienced staff. This work based assignment approach has regularly provided significant financial savings, reinforce lessens learnt and provided a practical demonstration of delegate competence. This (on successful assignment completion) provides the delegates with a QM&T Practitioner certificate. This approach is often useful where delegates may not (due to other pressures) be able to immediately apply the newly acquired knowledge.
3. The book Quality Management Tools and Techniques, by: Geoff Vorley and Fred Tickle.
This book would be invaluable for the delegates to complete their pre and post course assignments and provides much greater information than could be delivered in a one day course. The book also places the subject in context and is invaluable in supporting concepts such as Lean and other improvement approaches.
4. Delegate assignment presentation provides the delegate with the opportunity to demonstrate their achievements to a selected group such as; CEO and Directors, key Managers and Supervisors, Editor of the company magazine, etc. This gives the delegate the opportunity to credit and recognise their performance and motivate others to emulate.
The lecturing team is comprised of professionals who have been especially selected for their recognised knowledge and experience in the field of Risk Analysis, quality assurance training and consultancy.
COURSE DATES AND COST
See Training Courses for price list and order form