Minitab is a general-purpose statistical software package designed for easy interactive use. Minitab can be very useful for analysing data and is commonly used in Six Sigma, particularly in the Measure and Analyse phases of DMAIC. It provides a quick and effective solution for the level of analysis needed for most Six Sigma projects.
This 2-day course explains how the analysis of process and product data can be readily accomplished using Minitab software. The course supports process management, problem solving and continuous improvement methodologies.
Delegates can bring a laptop computer preloaded with Minitab® software and to follow through the examples presented during the course, many of which are ‘real world’ data sets. Delegates who do not have Minitab® on their laptops, can download a free 30-day trial version from www.minitab.co.uk and use this during the course. Please note that we do not supply the software.
The aim is that by the end of the course, a participant will understand:
- How to navigate within Minitab and perform basic operations
- A variety of Minitab statistical tools
- Set-up of dialogue boxes
- Interpretation of Minitab output
Formatting of data and graphs for reporting and presentation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- This course is appropriate for practitioners, facilitators, managers, analysts, team leaders, quality personnel, and administrative staff, who are involved in process management, problem-solving and continuous improvement activities.
- Introductions and Review of course
- Minitab General Guidance
- Basic Data Analysis
- Variables Control Charts
- Attributes Control Charts
- Process Capability
- Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
- Hypothesis Testing
- Linear Regression Analysis
- Reporting and Presentation of Minitab Results
COURSE DATES AND COST
- See Training Courses for price list and order form