Project Quality Assurance
PROJECT QUALITY ASSURANCE
What is a project? Well in the context of this course (Project QA) the reference could be to any type of project. This could be a significant scale capital projects such as the purchase of a key piece of capital equipment, switching on a factory or a development of major piece of software. Alternatively, it could be very much smaller in scale such as the introduction of a change to a procedure or a process. In both cases the project needs to meet specification, be delivered on time, to budget and technically supported for quality. This course could be used; as the basis of controlling projects for quality, by the Project Manager to ensure effective controls or by Quality Managers or Project Quality Officers in quality assuring projects.
Why QA Projects? There is Line Management and Project Management. With Line Management - the same things happen and consequently it is possible to learn to get it right, after enough mistakes! However with Project Management - new things happen - there is not the same opportunity to improve over time and learn from our mistakes. Yes, the project process may be the same, but the application is usually very different.
Course delegates will be able to as a consequence of this course:
- Be aware of the aims, objectives and benefits of Project Quality Assurance.
- Be aware of key and important Project Quality Assurance techniques (see Course structure)
- Identify the most appropriate Project Quality Assurance techniques to employ.
- Understand the role of Quality Assurance in controlling projects.
- Be capable of Quality Assuring Projects.
- Coherently answer questions regarding Project Quality Assurance.
- Provide the opportunity to make real major financial saving through QM&T's pre and post course supported assignment scheme.
- Be QM&T validated and certificated as a Project Quality Assurance practitioner.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Quality Professionals and Senior Management wishing to introduce and employ Project Quality Assurance Techniques.
- Project Quality Officers.
- Quality Auditors.
- Project Managers.
- Project Auditors
Items covered include:
- QA Principles
- Project (Quality) Responsibilities
- Customer Requirements, specification and project definition
- Configuration, document and general change control
- Document Validation & Verification Methods,
- Project Sizing
- Risk Management & Risk Assessment Techniques e.g. FMECA, Fault Tree Analysis, etc.
- Project Planning
- Quality Planning
- Project Records
- Configuration Management
- Reviews and Monitoring (Including; Cost, Specification, Time and Health & Safety)
- Suppliers (Supplier Quality Control)
- Deliverables (Validation)
- Project Audit
- Corrective and Preventive Action
- Problem Resolving
- Project Closure
- Relevant Standards: ISO 9001 Model for a Quality Management System, ISO 10005 Quality Management Guidelines for quality plans, ISO 10006 Quality management systems - Guidelines for quality management in projects, BS 6079-Guide to Project Management.
The lecturing team is comprised of professionals who have been especially selected for their recognised knowledge and experience in the field of project management and quality assurance.
COURSE DATES AND COST
- See Training Courses for price list and order form